Being treated for Trichomoniasis infection.

Patient

Q: My wife had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago and had her annual checkup almost a week ago. She thought she had a really bad yeast infection but was tested and found out she has Trichomoniasis. She has beem prescribed Flagyl and so have I for 7-10 days 3 times a day. My question is can me and my wife still have sex with only each other during the treatment phase. And if so do we need to use a condom? If not is oral sex allowed?

Doctor

A:   It is recommended to abstain from sex (vaginal, oral or anal) while being treated for the trichomoniasis infection to allow complete cure and avoid any spread of infection to new partners. Make sure to use condoms to reduce risk of infection from any STI’s.

Guest: Similar scenerio but after Ifinished mmy meds for the same std I am now suffering from a painful bump in between the vag and anal area. I was treated 10 days ago but that issue arose 4days ago...should I go back 2 the clinic?