Bent implanon. could this cause pregnancy?

Patient

Q: Hello. I have the implanon and noticed today it is bent.. a week prior I had missed my period and have had tender breast. Could a bent implant be ineffective?

Symptoms:  Frequent urinating. Late period. Discomfort in arm with implant.
Doctor

A:   Hi,
Usually, slightly bent implanon may not affect its function much.
But if implanon is broken that can affect the hormonal levels.
Implanon can also lead to menstrual irregularities as side effect, so by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy.
As you are having discomfort in the arm, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
If she recommends you can go for urine pregnancy test.
Take care.