Best birth control and safest.

Patient : What's the best type of birth control, I'm 18 and help deciding?
Doctor :   Hello, At your age group, if you plan to defer pregnancy plans by next 3 years or so , then the best form of contracep tion for you would be hormonal progesterone implant like...IMPLANON. This has to be inserted sub dermal , under the skin and prevents ovulation for 3 years protecting from pregnancy . It doesn't offer any protection to STDs and hence barrier protection may be practiced as and when needed I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards