Best birth control medicine after sex

Q: I am a 21 years old girl. I had sex but no intercourse as I am a virgin. I dont have any idea of what type of virgin I am however i thought Im on my period but after a couple of hours there was no blood and I think my period just stopped despite seeing some blood 3-4 hours before having sex. I am now worried if I can get pregnant and what is the best medicine for after sex pregnancy prevention. Thanks

Thanks for contacting for an opinion,
If you have been involved in a sexual activity on the day of your onset of menses , also there has been no intercourse, then then the chances of pregnancy are negligible as ovulation is absent and the endometrium is in the shedding mode.
But if you feel that the menses have stopped after sex and its not your due date and possibly the bleeding was a breakthrough bleed, then it would be wise to opt for an emergency contraception in form of PLAN-B pill which is to be taken within 72 hrs of sexual activity. This would allow the withdrawal bleed to occur within 7-10 days , thereby ensuring that there is no implantation and hence no pregnancy.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you safe sexual practices,