Best Medication with low side effects

Q: Doctor my blood sugar levels are in the range of 300+ I am 28years old and i have all the symptoms of Diabetics like vision blurring, headache, boils on the body etc. I havent started any medication yet. Can you please suggest a medicine to bring my blood sugar levels to normal.

Symptoms:  Blurred vision, headaches, legs paining, boils with puss etc.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Your blood sugar levels are extremely high.
You need to be started on Treatment.
You would require a combination of Metformin and Glimepiride for the purpose.
You should not play with these drugs as this can be harmful. Get them prescribed by a doctor only.
They would start you with an assumed dosage and will modify your medicines based on your blood sugar values.

I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HbA1c
2. Fasting lipid profile
3. Serum creatinine
4. Urine for microalbumin.
5. ECG.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy