Bilateral Nasal Polyps are usually seen in cases of chronic (long standing) nasal allergies

Q: I am 26 years old boy with bilateral nasal polyps. I get tinges of blood while blowing my nose voilently is that normal? what medicine should i take...

Symptoms:  blocked nose, strange sensation in nose, mass in posterior nasopharynx,

A:   Bilateral Nasal Polyps are usually seen in cases of chronic (long standing) nasal allergies. Blood tinged nasal secretions may also occur in such cases, due to forceful nasal blowing. Early intervention and management of your condition is required, to avoid complications like Acute Sinusitis, Otitis media (infection of the middle ear) or Bronchial Asthma later on in life. Appropriate medication will be prescribed by an Allergy Specialist or an ENT Specialist, after assessing your allergy status and clinical symptoms. In some cases of severe obstruction due to intranasal polyps, surgical intervention may be required.