Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bilirubin elevated on all three levels

Bilirubin elevated on all three levels

Patient: After a recent labs, my total bilirubin was 1.90, direct bilirubin .42 and indirect bilirubin 1.48. That is, they were all high. What is my situation?

Symptoms: The category below is my suspicion

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.It suggests that you have an alcoholic hepatitis. Mostly this is self-remitting and all that requires is abstinence from alcohol. If you keep yourself off alcohol, the bilirubin levels will fall by self. For a better estimate of your lover status, it would be wise to investigate for SGOT, SGPT, Serum Albumin levels and an USG abdomen. Do meet your doctor and get these tests done. Do keep yourself away from alcohol.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!