Bipolar Disorder Depression or Depression

Q: Hi, im 16 and recently researched Bipolar Disorder Depression..i needed some advice because i do think i may have this disorder, i have pratically all the symptoms. A little beforfe my 13 birthday i started self harming, but between 15-16 i started to get days when i'd be so upset, lately its becoming frequently, I can go from the happiest person alive to the most angriest and depressed in seconds, i even have thoughts about suicide. I havent self harmed since i told my parents and straight away i was taken to a sort of therapist to discuss my problems, she told me she dosent think i have depression, but im always feeling alone and helpless, i feel like crying and have no motivation to persue anything and lately im causing problems between me and boyfriend, its putting a strain on our relationship and im getting more and more of the symptoms i believe, im scared..i need help id really appreciate it if you can answer this question.

A:   Your symptoms seem to be ranging from depression to mania. Depression is a condition in which an individuals mood is extremely low, there is lack of initiative, guilt feelings, decreased interest in things that used to interest you otherwise, decreased/increased sleep, suicidal ideations. Mania on the other hand is the opposite where the individual has an elavated mood and energy, has grandiose thoughts, impulsive behaviour like a sudden shopping spree, decreased sleep, and increased energy levels. You seem to be having something call Bipolar disorder in which an individual alternates between depression and mania. In order to be diagnosed with this condition or even depression you need to have these symptoms over some period of time which I can see that you have.
I would highly recommend seeing a pyschiatrist regarding this as there is therapy and medication that can help. In the mean time please do talk to someone or seek help from anyone if you feel like harming your self again. If you have any kind of stressors talking to a confidant or someone you can trust will help you  immensely in dealing with the stress.