Birth control

Q: I started a new birth control at the beginning of march and did just fine. This month about beginning of the second week my boobs started to hurt and I have had some cramping but nothing severe. I didn't have these problems last month. I have been on the pill before and never had these problems. Im about a week from my period and took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. Could it be my body getting used to the pill? Im also planning to take another pregnancy test next week.

Symptoms:  Breast enlargement and tenderness, pelvic cramping on both right and left sides on and off