Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Birth Control 2 Weeks, Unprotected Sex, Can become pregnant?

Birth Control 2 Weeks, Unprotected Sex, Can become pregnant?

Patient: I started Birth Control on the 3rd of my period which was a Sunday in January , I have been taking it for about two weeks , today I just had unprotected sex. I was wondering what are the chances of me getting pregnant?

Symptoms: No symptoms , just very worried and concerned

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryGenerally a backup method of contraception like condom is recommended for one week of st arting on birth control.It is not necessary later on if you have taken the pills on time regularly. In your case,if you have not missed any pills , and 2 weeks have passed after starting pills , there is unlikely chances of getting pregnant .Hope this helped.Regards.