Birth Control affecting weakness/aching?

Q: I started taking a new birth control pill just over a week ago. in the past few days, i have felt weak, tired, had a loss of appetite, and generally off. does this have to do with the pill? should i stop taking it?

Symptoms:  Weakness, aching, loss of appetite

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query
It seems like the side effects are due to the birth control pills. Most of the women develop such symptoms on newly starting the pills as they are hormonal pills and take at least 2 menstrual cycles to get adjusted. Weakness, nausea, vomiting, spotting, changes in menstrual pattern, bloating, acne, etc are all attributed to side effects, but they settle down as days pass.Do not have to stop the pills. Continue them, in case the symptoms increase, see your doctor for an examination.Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
Check your hemoglobin levels to rule out anemia.
Hope this helped.