Birth Control and Acne

Patient

Q: I've been using ortho tri cyclen low for almost four years and never had any issues. However 3 months ago I missed a pill, didn't finish the remainder of my pack (one week) and began my period early. It was light, but I figured I had just thrown off my cycle by not finishing the pack. Ever since I have had light, almost non existent, periods and bad acne. The acne seems to get immediately better as soon as I switch to the sugar pills at the end of the month causing me to believe the birth control is the problem. Should I stop taking it, or will this only cause my acne to get worse? Thank you!

Symptoms:  Light periods, acne (small to medium size, not cystic. Lots of blackheads and tiny bumps that scratch off.)
Doctor