Birth control and amoxicillin

Patient

Q: I was taking 3000 milligrams of amoxicillin a day for an infection and was curious if it could make my implanon birth control less effective?

Symptoms:  Possibly be pregnant
Doctor

Yes it is known that antibiotics of penicillin group of drug can interfere with the effectivity of birth control and can make it less effective. As you have take a high dose of amoxycillin, it is advised that you may practice additional barrier contraception for at least 2 weeks from now.
You may experience some spotting or blood tinged vaginal discharge which could be a withdrawal bleed during this cycle after a week or so.
I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you good health,
regards