Birth control and amoxicillin

Patient : I was taking 3000 milligrams of amoxicillin a day for an infection and was curious if it could make my implanon birth control less effective?
Symptoms:  Possibly be pregnant
Doctor :   Hello, Yes it is known that antibiotics of penicillin group of drug can interfere with the effectivity of birth contro l and can make it less effective. As you have take a high dose of amoxycillin, it is advised that you may practice additional barrier contraception for at least 2 weeks from now. You may experience some spotting or blood tinged vaginal discharge which could be a withdrawal bleed during this cycle after a week or so. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards