Birth control and antibiotics

Patient

Q: I recently was prescribed an anti-biotic that I was to take for 7 days. While taking this medication, my birth control was interrupted and I spotted/bled for the entire duration of taking the anti-biotics. I continued to take my birth control normally, and now that I have finished the anti-biotics, I only have two days remaining on my birth control pills before I am supposed to have my period. Should I go straight to a new pack and skip my period since I have already been bleeding this past week? Or continue normally?

Symptoms:  Spotting
Doctor

A:   Hello ,
Ideally you should allow yourself a break during this month and shouldn't resume your fresh pack till menses are resumed and till then you may practice barrier contraception. This is to avoid any form of irregular shedding during your next cycle due to continuous usage of pills.
I hoep i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards