Birth Control and Fertitly 5 days After Stopping

Patient : I stop taking my birth control 5 days ago & im wondering if when I have sex tomorrow which will be the 5th day of not taking my birth control if I will get pregnant? But im do to have my period this following thursday or friday in a few days.
Doctor :   I understand your concern about getting pregnant. It would be less likely for you to get pregnant, since your menstrual period is supposed to be present in the next couple of days and you stopped taking your birth control pills five days ago. It would be less likely for the egg to stay fertile after this period of time from the middle of the month; however there is still a slight chance. If you want to increase the chance of not becoming pregnant, it would be recommended for you to restart your pills and/or use barrier methods such as condoms. In the future, if you can not comply with the pills, your health provider would gladly explain other contraception methods available for you, feel free to ask them.