Birth Control and identifying risk of DVT

Q: I have been on YAZ about a month. When I first started, I noticed an enlarged vein on the arch of my foot and it hurt to stand or walk; that lasted maybe 2 days.

Fast forward to the end of the active pills and Thursday morning, I wake up to sore calves! Both were sore and it hurt to walk and or stand. I google and become paranoid of DVT.

Friday, I see the doctor and tell him about my initial experience and the most recent occurrence and he evaluates my legs. Checks for "chords", swelling, warmth, redness, and the overall nerve response. He then tells me that everything checks out, no concern of DVT.

Sunday, the soreness is practically gone, like it never happened and I am due to start the new pack Tuesday.

My questions are:
Pain versus sore (I am not in pain, but my calves were sore when I stood or walked). Would continuous pain equal a more serious issue? Can sore also mean DVT?
If I continue YAZ, what should I keep an eye out for?

Thank you very much!