Birth Control and Plan B

Patient : How long do i have to wait to start on birth control if i just recently took the Plan B pill?
Doctor :   Plan b helps protect against accidental pregnancy incidents. You may start taking the regular pills based on how far in your cycle you are at the time of your first pill. If you are going to start the pills anytime in the first two weeks of your cycle, you need to use additional protection for at least the first 7 active pills have been taken because of the uncertainty of the ovulation time while starting the pills for the first time, or after taking a break from the pills. But if you decide to start the pill anytime in the last weeks of your cycle, it should be fine to continue without additional protection.