Birth control and pregnancy: should I take the pills if I think I am pregnant?

Q: My wife asks, I am currently on birth control and have recently been showing early signs of pregnancy. It is too early to tell if I am pregnant. If I am pregnant, I don't want to harm the baby. Should I stay on birth control? Also, the next pills I have to take (birth control) are the placebo pills for me to bleed. Again, what should I do? Will this affect the pregnancy test?

A:   If your wife thinks that she may be pregnant then she needs to stop her pills immediately and take a home pregnancy test to check if she is infact pregnant. If she is pregnant then she should not take a the birth control pills at all not even the placebo ones. Please get a pregnancy test done . All the best.