Birth Control causing late period?

Q: Hello, I was on the birth control pill, but recently went off it about 4 or 5 months ago. since then, my periods have been fairly regular, but jumping around in the days a bit. I am now 6 days late from when I thought I was supposed to get my period, and have had light pink/brownish spotting. I have had no other PMS or pregnancy symptoms other than being quite hungry. I took a test this morning but it was negative. Do you think my period is just late due to still regulating from being on the pill, or that I am pregnant and should test again later?

Symptoms:  need to pee more often, pink/brownish watery discharge