Birth control depo provera confusion

Patient : I am on depo shot i haven't gotten my latest injection on time and i recently started vaginally bleeding after 3 months of no period should i wait until i stop bleeding to get my injection
Symptoms:  Vaginal bleeding
Doctor :   Hello, thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com what you are experiencing is withdrawal bleeding secondary to having missed the second injection. You may wait for the bleeding to subside and take the second dose but you must practice barrier contraception for this cycle to allow depot to become effective again. I hope i have answered your query in detail. regards