Birth control effectiveness days before antibiotic usage

Patient : If you take antibiotics while on birth control pills, it is said to use backup method while using, but what about protection during sexual occurances before the antibiotics are taken? Are you still protected while on the pill?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Before you start antibiotics, there is no interference of the drug and the birth con trol pills. Hence, the action of the birth control pills remains undisturbed. There would be no need for backup in such a situation. However, it is recommended that you use a backup like Condom right from the first day of starting the antibiotics when you are on the birth control pills. Hope this helped. Feel free to write back for further clarifications. Regards