Birth Control Pill and menstrual cycle

Patient : I've been on birth control pills for over 7 years now. I recently started exercising and dieting, so I lost about 5-8 pounds. My period has changed to 2 weeks earlier. Do I change my birth control pattern? I'm still taking my normal cycle.
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. Over exercising can lead to a hormonal imbalance in the body leading to intermittent bleeding or irregularity in your menstrual cycle. It is advisable to see the doctor who will do a scan to diagnose the underlying reason for this irregularity in the menstrual cycle pattern. Based on which the doctor can suggest appropriate treatment options to fix the problem. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.