Birth Control Pill Gildess FE Usage

Patient : I am taking the birth control pill Gildess FE 1/20 for seven days now, how long should I continue before I will be protected against pregnancy during unprotected sex with my husband?
Symptoms:  Cramps
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. If you are having regular cycles and if you started birth control pills during your menstrual period, you can have the protection from the first pill itself. If you started the pills in the middle of the month, better to use additional method of contraception like barrier method for this month. Take care.