Birth control pill- took extra inactive pills

Patient

Q: Hi doctor,

I am taking the birth control pill Estelle- which has 7 inactive pills. I have been taking all my pills on time and have not missed any. However, when I finished the last packet and after taking all 7 inactive pills I accidentally took another 3 inactive pills instead of moving onto the active ones. Is this okay? My period just finished yesterday and I have not had sex for the last week as I had my period during this time

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Thanks for the query,

If you accidently took 3 inactive pills again in the fresh cycle, then there is no cause of worry as you were sexually inactive for the initial week. You can start the active pills from the day 4 onwards and continue as regular but try following an additional barrier contraceptive method for 2 weeks at least to stay protected during the cycle.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,