Birth Control Pills and Anti-fungal Antibiotics Medication

Patient : Does the anti-fungal medication Fluconazole decrease the effectiveness of oral birth control pill?
Doctor :   Fluconazole is used to prevent and treat a variety of fungal and yeast infections, and it has a very long half-life, so it may remain effective in the body for over a week. Fluconazole usually increases the concentration of the sex hormones in the body, so I would recommend that you use additional contraception for at least one month after the completion of this antifungal treatment.