Birth control Plan B.

Patient

Q: Helloo, ,i have sex on lets say sunday, and i didnt notice i had no birth control, so "today" which is the 3rd day i took plan b pill, Would it still b as effective. Should i start birth control again.

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about Plan B and its efficacy. After 72 hours, plan is not as effective as taking it during the first 24 hours post sexual intercourse.
Depending on the day of the cycle in which you had sex, your chances could increase or decrease. In the future to avoid unwanted pregnancy, I would suggest you to start birth control pills. The best day to start is on the first day of your next menstrual period. I wish you the best.