Birth control/pregnant

Patient

Q: Hello I was wondering about birth control? if I stop taking birth control because I ran out and I had to wait for one to get mail to me then when I got it was around November 20 and last week was suppose to be my menstrual cycle but I haven't came on do that mean im pregnant or im just not having one because I mess up my cycle for not taking the birth control?

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Irregularity in menstrual cycles can be seen as a side effect of birth control pills.
As you are not taking pills properly that can lead to irregular withdrawal bleeding and also protection towards pregnancy is also doubtful.
Better to go for urine pregnancy test once.
If the test gives negative result, you can go for next pack.
To achieve complete protection you have to use pills as per the schedule without missing.
Take care.