Birth control question

Patient : I just finished a birth control pack I usually start the next pack the first day of my next period which began today, Wednesday. However I want to start the pack on Sunday so In the next few days. If I start a new pack this Sunday instead of today will I still Be protected?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   I understand that starting your pills on a Sunday makes your cycles more convenient. However since you are breaking your previous pattern and starting the pills 5 days late, it would be advisable that you use an additional form of non-hormonal birth control (such as condoms, spermicide) for the first 7 days to prevent pregnancy until the medication has enough time to work. If you had started on the first day of your period, you would not have needed to use back-up birth control the first week. Once you start the pack on a Sunday, all subsequent packs will also start on a Sunday. On a 21 day pill pack, you continue taking tablets daily for 3 weeks and then take a pill free break and then irrespective of whether you bleed or not, start the new pack on the subsequent Sunday. On a 28 day pack, there are no pill free days so there will be no confusion and you will start a new pack on every 5th Sunday.