Birth control question

Patient : Do I need to get a pap smear done if I'm getting the implanon birth control? Already had pap smear done a couple months ago
Symptoms:  N/A
Doctor :   Hello, If you have pap smear done a few months ago and it was normal , still before implanon it is a practice to repea t the smear to rule out any cervicitis or anaplasia of cervical epithelium or an infection. It s a routine protocol and for one's own safety. There should not be any hitch in undergoing the same as a procedure, rather it will give you a check on the status of last few months after the pevious one. Wishing you good health, regards