Birth control question

Patient

Q: Do I need to get a pap smear done if I'm getting the implanon birth control? Already had pap smear done a couple months ago

Symptoms:  N/A
Doctor

If you have pap smear done a few months ago and it was normal , still before implanon it is a practice to repeat the smear to rule out any cervicitis or anaplasia of cervical epithelium or an infection. It s a routine protocol and for one's own safety. There should not be any hitch in undergoing the same as a procedure, rather it will give you a check on the status of last few months after the pevious one.

Wishing you good health,
regards