Birth control safe with all vitamins?

Patient : I am taking the birth control Aubra. I also take many vitamins and was wondering if any of them could decrease the effectiveness of my birth control. I take vitamin C, melatonin, coenzyme 10, zinc, and Advil. Thank you!
Doctor :   Thank you for you for your question. Certain medications such as antibiotics can decrease the efficacy of oral contracep tives. Conversely, oral contraceptives can decrease the absorption of certain vitamins, such as vitamin c. It is therefore recommend that one should not take oral contraceptives within two hours of taking one's vitamins. The efficacy of oral contraceptives are not decreased your mentioned vitamins and ibuprofen (Advil). Your specific birth control medication, Aubra, contains Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol. These medications can decrease the absorption of certain vitamin supplements. Please follow up with your doctor for more specific detail, which also considers your current medical history, and risk factors for make sure there are no other factors that will affect the efficacy of your birth control pill. Thank you fro choosing AskTheDoctor.com