Birth Control While Pregnant

Patient : I barely started the birth control pills.I had unprotected sex with my husband on the 3rd and 5th pill. Can I be pregnant? And if so, still taking the pill can it hurt the fetus?
Doctor :   I understand your concern about possible pregnancy, certainly there could be a possibility of pregnancy when starting Or al Contraceptive Pills especially in the first week that is why your doctor might have recommended you to use a backup Method such as female or male condoms. Contraceptives would not harm a possible pregnancy but are preferred to be stopped as soon as a positive pregnancy is ruled out. I would suggest you to wait until the end of your cycle and if your menses are late for a week after your due date, a pregnancy test might be mandatory. .