Birthcontrol effected by Dukoral?

Patient

Q: Hi.

I'm currently taking the birthcontrol Seasonique and was wondering if the Vaccine Dukoral ( only made in Canada) could cancel out or lessen the effects of the birthcontrol?

Thanks.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Dukoral is a vaccine used to immunize a patient against travelers diarrhea caused by E.Coli bacteria. It works by introducing inactive portions of the bacteria into the body to which an immune response is elicited producing antibodies to protect against infections with E.coli.
There are no documented contraindications for taking Dukoral and your oral contraceptive pill. However this vaccine should not be taken during pregnancy.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDocotor.com