Black bump on labia minora

Patient

Q: I have a black bump that has came up on my labia minora (right next to my urethra) within the past week and I'm concerned at what it may be. I do not have insurance so I'm trying not to go to the doctor unless it's absolutely necessary. Please help!

Symptoms:  No symptoms, it's not painful or anything I just happened to notice in the shower.
Black bump on labia minora-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The bump you have shown looks like a clogged pore, also known as a comedo. It is likely to resolve without complication. If you see that it is increasing in size, and is becoming painful, we would like you to see a doctor to have it examined.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com