Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Black Pepper Craving

Black Pepper Craving

Patient: I enjoy eating black pepper on it’s own with a little sea salt mixed daily. I crave it every day, and has become a habit. Is this a problem? I eat it during these times, not on food but say off of a napkin.

Symptoms: No symptoms until ingest too much.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There is not medical condition associated with this particular type of craving. It is possi ble that you simply enjoy the taste of black pepper. In moderation, there should be no problem with this. However, if you ingest large amounts of this, you can experience gastrointestinal irritation. Please be guided accordingly.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com

Patient: Thank you so much for your response, and I agree moderation is the safe way..but need to stop.