Blackouts , sweating and vomiting : What can cause these symptoms

Patient

Q: I keep blacking out. When i wake i am throwing up and sweating (like i just came out the shower) this has happened 6 times in the last ten years no warning either.  Whar are some possible casues and how should this be investigated. What tests would you order to help you come to a diagnosis? what is the statistically most likely cause based on my age and history? thanks.

Doctor

A:   Keeping in mind your age and symptoms there is a possibility of the same being caused by low blood sugar levels. Hypoglycemia presents typically with black outs, sweating , anxiety and vomitting. You need to get a complete blood count done along with a fasting blood sugar level. Also just inorder to rule out any heart rythym problem it may be necesary to do an ECG and also rule out a thyroid issue with a thyroid function test. I wish you all the best.