Bladder and Kidney Problems

Q: I am a 60 yr old female and have a lot of health issues, the one I am concerned about is my bladder and kidney, I recently had surgery and my surgeon told me that the inside of my bladder was black and just had a UA done and it showed a 5+ for protein and my urine is pink. What do you think is causing all of this ?

Symptoms:  Back pain and pink urine and high protein in urine also lost over 70 #

Thank you for your query at

All your symptoms are suggestive of either severe cystitis or the infection has ascended up to the kidneys.
You need to get a CT KUB done which will give a better picture and also get an RFT done to check the status of the kidney.
If a kidney infection is confirmed, IV antibiotics may be required for further management.

Please get a detailed evaluation done soon, as kidney infections progress rapidly if the medicines are not started on time.

Hope this was helpful.