Bladder and Kidney Problems

Patient : I am a 60 yr old female and have a lot of health issues, the one I am concerned about is my bladder and kidney, I recently had surgery and my surgeon told me that the inside of my bladder was black and just had a UA done and it showed a 5+ for protein and my urine is pink. What do you think is causing all of this ?
Symptoms:  Back pain and pink urine and high protein in urine also lost over 70 #
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. All your symptoms are suggestive of either severe cystitis or the infection has ascended up to the kidneys. You need to get a CT KUB done which will give a better picture and also get an RFT done to check the status of the kidney. If a kidney infection is confirmed, IV antibiotics may be required for further management. Please get a detailed evaluation done soon, as kidney infections progress rapidly if the medicines are not started on time. Hope this was helpful. Regards.