Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bladder Cystitis and Problems urinating

Bladder Cystitis and Problems urinating

Patient: I am a 29 year old male and i am having problems peeinging went to the doctors and he ruled out a water infection i am peeing alot and it is really annoying as it is like i can never fully empty my bladder.i have been faithfull to my partner for 7 years so it is not an std. pleasecan you help thanks

Doctor: Cystitis is the medical term for inflammation of the bladder. Most of the time, the inflammation is caused by a bacteria l infection, in which case it may be referred to as a urinary tract infection (UTI). Less commonly, cystitis may occur as a reaction to certain drugs, radiation therapy or potential irritants, such as spermicidal jellies or long-term use of a catheter. Cystitis may also occur as a complication of another illness. The usual treatment for bacterial cystitis is antibiotics. Treatment for other types of cystitis depends on the underlying cause. Home remedies that may help in reducing the symptoms of cystitis include adequate hydration, avoiding coffee, carbonated drinks, regular exercises and stopping smoking.