Bladder Infection or something else?

Patient : I am 27 years old and 17 weeks pregnant, when my pregnancy started I was going to the bathroom frequently, but around every 3 hours.... now for the last week or two, my bladder feels painfully full after 45 min to an hour. And then when I try to empty my bladder, it isn't fully emptying and actually hurts a little (not my urination stream, but the bladder itself.) Do I have a bladder infection or something else?
Doctor :   I understand how worried you are about your urinary symptoms.  As you may already know, the risk for developing a urinar ry tract infection is increased in pregnant women. Pregnancy hormones cause changes in the urinary tract which predispose women to infections. In addition, as the uterus grows it presses on the bladder and can prevent complete emptying of urine. This inert urine is a likely source for infection. I would definitely suggest you to consult your pre natal care physician for a urine test to rule out this possibility. Untreated UTI can complicate pregnancies. In the meantime I would suggest you to drink plenty of fluids to evacuate more urine therefore getting rid of the bacteria also wiping from front to back after urinating and after a bowel movement helps to prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the urethra.