Ask The Doctor > Pending > Bladder pressure and frequent urination but all tests are negative

Bladder pressure and frequent urination but all tests are negative

Patient: Hello,I’m 21 years old male. I have history with prostatitis but without any symptoms. I did a lot of tests (swabs, semen tests, rectal scope, ultrasound…)all my tests were fine except for bacteria in my semen and a small varicocele for which I was told that surgery is not necessary. I was taking numerous antibiotics for months to cure E. Colli and Enterococcus for the past 2 years. About 3 weeks ago I started having urinary problems (for the first time). I started waking up during the night to urinate (first time in my life) and during the day I started urinating more frequently. Its not dramatic but visibly more frequent than before. I didn’t feel any pain, there was no blood in urine or anything like that, only the urge to go and small pressure in my bladder. Tests showed Enteroccocus in my semen again but my urine tests are all fine. My urologist stopped giving me antibiotics for prostatitis because he said it might be only bacterial colonization without infection and that I should drink cranberry tea. He also said I should wait to see what happens with my bladder problems. Its been 3 weeks and they havent passed altho they do vary from day to day.My question is: What can cause bladder problems altho tests are fine and can this be related to enterococcus colonizing my prostate?I would like to get more advice to further discuss this matter with my urologist and better inform myself.Thank you in advance for your time and understanding.Nino

Doctor: