Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Blader i keep wetting and dont have any control opver it

Blader i keep wetting and dont have any control opver it

Patient: I am a 62 year old woman who cant stop urinating i am constantly wetting my self can u help

Doctor: HelloThanks for the queryContinuous wetting due to leaking of urine from the bladder at your age is most likely to be genuine stress incontinence. Other causes could be diabetes, neurological disorders and even a prolapse causing the symptoms. It is advisable to see a gynecologist and get yourself examined. The doctor would like to check on your bladder tone and muscle tones as well.A cystoscopy and a urine analysis may be done as well.On knowing the cause for the same, the treatment would be started accordingly.Most of the incontinence at this age respond better to surgical line of management rather than drugs and exercises, it again varies with every patient and the level of the disease.Discuss treatment options with the doctorHope this helpedRegards