Bleach in Direct Contact with Skin!


Q: Hello, about a year ago, before I started college, I poured bleach in one spot on my mattress. Let's just say my bladder was too full. Anyway, I thought that it dried and would be okay so I went to sleep on it that night. And one or two days after, I got a rash with tiny red bumps all over my back, mostly the top half. I figured out the cause and covered my mattress with a cover and plastic sheet. The rash went away but even today, I still tiny little bumps (flesh colored) on the top half of my back. You can't see them but when I run my hand over my back, I can feel them. How do I get rid of these little bumps once and for all?

Symptoms:  Symptoms: I don;t really have any symptoms, just little tiny bumps as if I had hives or a rash, without the irritation.

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello doctor I'm living in a very seasonal allergic pollotion city. Last month, I started getting there infections...

Q: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in ...

Q: Hi There, I am an alcoholic. I have been drinking for years heavily (vodka) and then switched to wine to try to tamp...

Q: I am very allergic to shrimp. When a reaction starts I have a severe headache and am nausated and throw up 6-8 hours

Q: I have gotten bites yesterday by a bug that I don't know and where i have the bite there is a huge tender to the touc...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon