Bleeding after 2 weeks

Q: I take birth control pills every day. I'm on day 10 of the pack. I skipped a day by accident and 3 days ago, I had sex thinking it was okay. Now I'm going through like a pms kind of thing when my last period was 2 weeks ago. Could someone help me figure out what this is?

Symptoms:  Vaginal bleeding, cramps

A:   Hi,
Vaginal bleeding, abdominal cramps etc you are having could be due to the withdrawal effect of the pill as you missed one.
If you miss one pill you have to take that pill within 24 hours to achieve complete protection.
If bleeding is minimal, you can continue the remaining tablets.
Please go for urine pregnancy test, three weeks after intercourse to rule out the pregnancy.
Take care.