Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding after first intercourse

Bleeding after first intercourse

Patient: Hallo, I had my first intercourse 2 days ago. it was very painful. I was very tense and dry. then I was just pale, trembling, having wierd stomach ache, spotting at first. Next morning I was well, still spotting. In the afternoon I started bleeding. Then we went to a party to get better and I drank 2 glasses of wine and now I´m bleeding a lot and my breast are sore. We used a condom. I should have my period in 7 days approximately. Is it possible that I am pregnant? I cannot see a doctor until 10 days (because of my location). Thank you.

Symptoms: Bleeding, light stomach ache, anxiety feeling

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The bleeding that you have been experiencing could be due to the friction caused during t he sexual intercourse, especially first timers, since the vagina will be dry and causes tear of capillaries which go on to bleed heavily.The other cause could be your normal cycles which have happened a week earlier. Symptoms of pregnancy like bloating, sore breast may all show up only after 2 to 3 weeks of the intercourse and not so early within 2 days.But that does not mean a pregnancy is ruled out if this is not your regular cycles.To clear this doubt, you may consult a gynecologist and get an examination done.I fit is your cycles, there is nothing that you need to worry in terms of pregnancy.Hope this helpedRegards