Bleeding after masturbating

Patient

Q: I'm 18, female & i've noticed these last couple days a while after i would masturbate i'd start bleeding as if it were my period but it's a little bit of blood. Should i be worried, is that normal?

Symptoms:  bleeding
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Since you have not been having this from the beginning & observed the changes only recently the reasons could be various, it could either be due to an infection, STD’s, may be due to ovulation time due to movement of egg through the fallopian tube, or nearing your menstrual cycle & you are experiencing spotting etc. It is advisable that you consult your healthcare provider who can prescribe investigations to know if there is an infection and let you know if medical aid is required or not.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.