Bleeding after sex and 7 weeks pregnancy

Patient

Q: I am 7 weeks pregnant, and me and my husband had sexand now I'm bleeding is that normal?

Doctor

A:   Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy needs to be evaluated by your doctor to rule out any serious problem. Your doctor may perform a physical exam, an ultrasound, and blood tests, to make sure you and your baby are fine. Bleeding after sex is common as more blood flow to the cervix during pregnancy, increasing the chances of bleed. However more serious causes like infections and threatened abortion needs to be ruled out by your doctor. I wish you well, take care.