Bleeding after sexual intercourse

Patient : I have recently began having sex, I'm 17 and have been on the contraceptive pill for only 3 weeks. Today after engaging in intercourse I bled, but more than just a little bit, I am quite concerned and unfamiliar..
Symptoms:  Bleeding from the vagina, sore vagina
Doctor :   Hello, If you have started on birth control this month then you are protected from pregnancy, but if you have experien ced post coital bleeding which in the first intercourse is due to hymen rupture but if it is seen to continue in following intercourses, then there is a possibility of cervical erosions or ectopy. It is advised that you may visit your physician for a per speculum examination and a PAP SMEAR and hpv dna studies to rule out cervical ectopy or Hpv infection. I hope I have answered your query, regards