Bleeding after taking emergency contraceptive

Q: 5 days ago, I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke. As a precaution, I took an emergency contraceptive and the day we had sex was on the last day of my period. 5 days later, I started bleeding (kinda like period blood). Am I pregnant or is this just a side effect of the contraceptive?

Symptoms:  Bleeding

Thanks for the question to

You had sex in the safe period of your cycle , however it was wise on your part to take the emergency contraception pill for protection. The bleed you experienced is the withdrawal bleed due to shedding endometrium which occurs withing 7 days of taking the ipill.

The fact that there was a bleed , ensures that you are not pregnant. Now the day of bleed becomes your fresh LMP.
I hope i have answered your query.
wishing you good health.