x
Browse
177 Physicians Online

Question:

Bleeding and burning sensation when urinating after sex.

Since yesterday, it has been hurting when I pee and I don't know if I have my period because when I wipe, I sometimes see blood but I don't have blood on my pad. I just had sex about 3-4 days ago after not having it for about a year. Any idea what is wrong?

Answer:

The presence of blood in the wipe could indicate local trauma sustained during sexual intercourse. The bleeding should stop without treatment and will require you to keep proper hygiene and increase water intake. If the bleeding continues you need to see your doctor to rule out a urinary tract infection.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA