Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bleeding constantly after contraceptive pill

Bleeding constantly after contraceptive pill

Patient: I stopped taking the pill mid pack as it was making me feel nauseas, since then i have been bleeding and having cramps for 4 weeks, what do I do? do i just wait it out and hope my body goes back to some normal cycle or do i get something from the doctor to stop the blleding? I DONT want o go on another contraceptive pill.

Doctor: After stopping oral contraceptives, it takes 3-4 months for the periods to return to their normal cycle. If you experien ce excessive bleeding or your cycles are not regular even after 4 months, please visit your doctor to see if there is an underlying concern.