x
196 Physicians Online

Question:

Bleeding during first trimester, causes?

I am over week over due on my period 2 days ago I took 2 pregnancy test which came back psitive. This morning woke up with bleeding like I got my period. No cramping just alot of pressure down below. I am worried. Was I those 2 test wrong or am I pregnant and something else is wrong?

Answer:

Bleeding during the first trimester in pregnancy i relatively common. The most probable cause of bleeding in your case could be due to an implantation bleed. It is advisable to see your obgyn doctor to rule out other causes of bleeding including a miscarriage.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA